Highlights of the Doge's Palace Tour include:
- Visit the Doge's Palace, a must-see site in Venice that embodies one of the greatest propaganda campaigns ever seen in history
- Discover how the superb gothic façade of the Doge’s Palace masked a sinister style of government developed to carefully drive the commercial interests so important to Venice's history
- Learn about the Doges' bizarrely cloistered lifestyles that were strictly interwoven into the very fabric of Venice
- Find out about the bizarre and fascinating archaic rituals followed by the Doges
- Hear how the Doges orchestrated one of the greatest tragedies in the history of western culture - and then profited from it
- Follow in the footsteps of the condemned as we walk though bygone eras and see their poignant tracings engraved into the palace prison walls
- Explore the majestic Doge's Palace at the best time to avoid crowds inside
The finer details of the small-group Doge's Palace Tour:
Prices: Adults - 42 euro; Students (6-17 yrs) - 39 euro*; Children (2-5 yrs) - free; Infants (0-2 yrs) - free.
Included in tour price: Guided Doge's Palace tour, Doge's Palace entry ticket, small group guarantee, audio head phones if required.
Excluded from price: Optional gratuities
Tour meeting time and dates: meets 4:30pm for a 4:45pm start on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays from 17 April- 31 July and 1 September - 31 October.