Explore the breathtaking masterpieces of one of Europe's most significant civic and religious squares — above and below, inside and out!
Highlights of the Monumental Marvels - Duomo Museum & Baptistery Tour include:
- Enter the Baptistery with your expert Florence guide
- Hear about Giotto’s Bell Tower and the fascinating stories behind its construction
- Visit the phenomenal new Opera del Duomo Museum to understand the architectural wonders
- Marvel at the model of the incredible cathedral façade built almost to scale, with original statues wonderfully preserved and displayed in situ
- See the original wooden model of Brunelleschi’s Dome created by the master himself to prove the validity of his architectural feat
- Spy the originals of Ghiberti’s glimmering Gates of Paradise
- Discover where Michelangelo carved his masterpiece, the David (now housed in the Accademia)
- See a meticulously detailed altar forged in silver plus works by masters including Donatello and an original Pietà by Michelangelo that the artist smashed in frustration, here painstakingly pieced back together
- Conclude on the Museum Terrace to take in views of the Duomo from a unique vantage point
The finer details of the Monumental Marvels - Duomo Museum & Baptistery Tour:
Price: Adults 64 euro; students (6-11 years) 49 euro*; 5 years and under free
Meeting times and dates: meets at 1.45 pm on Mondays and 12.45 on the first Sunday of each month only, throughout April-October
Meeting point: by the Column of San Zanobi (with a cross on top) just by the Baptistery entrance
Includes: Duomo Complex entry ticket^, guided visit of the Baptistery and Duomo Museum.
Excludes: optional gratuities
Minimum required to run: 4 adults
Maximum participants per group: 18 adults
Please note: *All persons 11 years and under must present valid ID showing date of birth for reduced entry into museums or full adult price will be charged. ^You will need to keep your ticket to access the remaining areas of the Complex in your own time after the conclusion of the tour. It is your responsibility to utilise the ticket within the allocated validity stabilised by the museum management.