Highlights of the private Artisan's Workshop Tour include:
- Choose from our areas of interest to have us tailor-make an activity just for you
- Visit a wealth of workshops, such as Europe's most famous antique tapestry dealer
- See items such as exquisite jewellery carefully handcrafted by master craftsmen whose workshops are classified as museums
- Discover how magnificent Renaissance furniture replicas are produced using historic techniques
- Watch painstakingly exacting gilders going about the work of centuries past
- Step into spaces the where descendants of the famous Medici family sell art to Windsor palace
- Perhaps have the chance to meet Italy's most famous wood carvers
Areas of interest to choose from include:
Jewellery, silver handicrafts, fabrics, embroideries, tailoring, wooden furniture and restoration, paper, boxes and books, perfumes and essences, make-up and wigs, leather and homeware decoration.
This tour has been created in collaboration with OMA (Osservatorio dei Mestieri dell'Arte) and Fiavet Toscana (Tuscany's Travel Agents Association). The guides have been trained with a specific preparation to be a "Quality Handicraft Assistant".
The finer details:
Length: 3 hours
Price: €250 for 1-6 persons
Includes: an expert guide; visits to artisan workshops and stores upon request
Notes: Please specify your favourite areas of interest in the notes section. This activity is not available on weekends. Inclusions will vary in accordance to opening times. Not ideal for small children, as we enter working shops in which small children and strollers may be problematic. It is ArtViva's policy not to accept commissions from shops we recommend or visit.
Per group of one to six people
from 41.67 €