Highlights of the private Monumental Marvels - Duomo Museum & Baptistery Tour include:
- Enter the Baptistery with your expert Florence guide
- Hear about Giotto’s Bell Tower and the fascinating stories behind its construction
- See the 3rd largest cathedral in the world, Santa Maria del Fiore and the remains of the old basilica of Santa Reparata beneath (Crypt).
- Visit the phenomenal new Opera del Duomo Museum to understand the architectural wonder of these structures
- Marvel at the model of the incredible cathedral façade built almost to scale, with original statues wonderfully preserved and displayed in situ
- See the original wooden model of Brunelleschi’s Dome created by the master himself to prove the validity of his architectural feat
- Spy the originals of Ghiberti’s glimmering Gates of Paradise
- Discover where Michelangelo carved his masterpiece, the David (now housed in the Accademia)
- See a meticulously detailed altar forged in silver plus works by masters including Donatello and an original Pietà by Michelangelo that the artist smashed in frustration, here painstakingly pieced back together
- You may visit the Museum Terrace to take in views from a unique vantage point and/or climb either Brunelleschi's Dome or Giotto's Bell Tower, or both, within 48 hours.
The finer details of the private Monumental Marvels:
Meeting Point: our office at Via Sassetti, 1.
Unavailable dates: the 1st of May, Christmas & New Year
Includes: Your own private guide, Duomo Complex entry ticket^, guided visit of the Baptistery, the cathedral and crypt and Duomo Museum.
From One to Two Persons
from 165.00 €
From Three to Four Persons
from 97.50 €
From Five to Six Persons
from 75.00 €
From Seven to Eight Persons
from 65.00 €
From Nine to Twelve Persons
from 58.00 €